Minimum Experience: 7 years
Job Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 550 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're an experienced Information Technology leader with a passion for building out organizations in high-growth mode. You know what it takes to scale a startup into a full fledged company. You thrive in a strategic and hands-on role where you might deploy a new security solution one day, and present an IT plan and vision to our executive team the next.
You have a proven track record of working in a fast-paced environment. From setting up new hires, to creating IT processes and documentation, to building out new offices across the globe - you've done it all and can't wait to do it again! Dataminr depends on the security and stability of its IT systems 24/7, so you’re driven to make everything as reliable as possible.
As our Director, IT Operations, you will lead a small team covering desktop support, networking and systems operations to support our offices and distributed workforce around the world. You will work cross-functionally with executives from Operations, Legal, Facilities, and People teams to develop and implement the IT vision for Dataminr.
- Define strategy, roadmap and functionality of the IT function at Dataminr
- Lead and inspire a global team of 6-7 direct reports
- Oversee global desktop support team, ensuring all hardware and software issues are attended to quickly and efficiently for Dataminr employees globally
- Investigate common user problems and develop solutions to prevent similar issues from arising in the future
- Manage and review security policies
- Manage the administration of Windows server environments, G Suite and other cloud applications
- Create IT documentation and processes to assist users and conduct training sessions where needed
- Research and evaluate new products and services that help keep our IT environment current and relevant
- Manage relationships with IT vendors and consultants, evaluating and researching new vendors as needed
- Be on call and able to manage critical issues outside normal work hours
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of relevant experience, including at least 3+ years in a hands-on IT leadership role
- Experience in IT strategic planning, global office build outs and deployment of company-wide IT solutions
- Technical skills in Mac, Windows and Linux, including administration, support and troubleshooting
- Experience troubleshooting local network related issues, including switches, routers, firewalls, access points, printers, and other devices
- Experience in Active Directory, Group Policy, File Sharing, DHCP and DNS
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Server and Apple Server
- Experience effectively managing and building teams
- Ability to work and think quickly in fast-paced environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
#LI - REMOTE