--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees comes first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
We will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
This role can be based in our NYC or Washington DC office or remotely within the United States.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
A seasoned sales manager with 10+ years’ experience selling enterprise software solutions and 5+ years’ experience managing high-performing strategic sales teams. In this 100% coaching role, you’ll report to our SVP, Strategic Sales and use your well-honed sales management skills to hire, manage and mentor a geographically dispersed team of strategic AE’s as we focus on growing our Dataminr Pulse product in 2021 and beyond. Under your guidance, your team will exceed their sales quotas while embracing the Miller Heiman sales process and personifying Dataminr’s values. While your primary responsibility will be to drive sales through effective coaching and development of your team, you’ll also perform formal sales management activities including expectation setting (sales activity, pipeline management, coaching, etc.), in-the-field sales skill coaching, team recognition, forecasting, time and territory management, and client development.
- Analyze assigned territory and customer assignments to develop a plan of action to grow revenue, and exceed team’s new business quota
- Assign accounts to Account Executives (AE) , optimizing the match between client needs, existing productive relationships, bandwidth, geographic location, and skills
- Through one-on-one sessions, establish territory-specific plans of action (e.g., who to target, weekly call activity, required sales behavior, etc.)
- Meet frequently with each AE in the field to review sales productivity, selling behavior, progress-to-plan and sales pipeline accuracy, making any necessary adjustments and providing ongoing coaching. Might include up to 40% national travel.
- Work with key clients and establish relationships with relevant industry executives
- Recognize outstanding sales activity and performance within and outside the sales team
- Establish and lead a team culture that promotes engagement, performance, team work, accountability, and fun
- Hold salespeople accountable for achieving their quota, behavior and activity expectations, utilizing strategic coaching to address performance issues
- Work collaboratively with other sales and functional leaders to ensure that all accounts are sold and serviced in an effective and efficient manner, and in compliance with our clients’ expectations
- Fully satisfy Dataminr and SVP, Strategic Sales expectations related to sales reporting (sales activity, opportunity updates, pipeline, forecasting, customer profiling, etc.), and administration
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated success in leading sales teams that consistently achieve or exceed quota, along with the ability to attract, retain and grow top performers
- 10+ years of demonstrated success selling software or services to Fortune 1000 clients
- Post COVID-19, ability to be in the field in support of a nationally-dispersed sales team and client list, might include up to 40% travel including some overnight travel
- Willingness to work flexible hours in accordance with company needs/work flow demands
- High level of business and financial acumen, including well developed business management, organizational, selling, and team management skills
- Must have demonstrated ability to implement business plans to ensure revenue retention and expansion and ability to train/ lead/ reinforce a sales methodology with sellers.
- Proven ability to drive team performance results and work effectively in high-pressure and multiple-task environments
- Demonstrated interest in technology, artificial intelligence, and SaaS software
- Ability to use technology and tools (Excel, Gmail, Clari, Salesforce.com, etc.) to run the business, possess solution selling skills, ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy
- Strong attention to detail
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.