--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated sales professional with a passion for delivering unique and impactful solutions to your Public Sector clients. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by exceeding quotas and establishing strong customer relationships. You understand the value of listening to your clients to discover their technical, business and timeline drivers. All you need is a product that drives you.
You're excited to build a book of business across high-profile US Federal Civilian accounts, and ensure that Dataminr’s critical news alerts are getting into the right hands at the right time.
- Drive new business revenue by managing the full sale cycle from generating demand for the product, developing a portfolio of qualified sales opportunities through prospecting and leveraging your own existing relationships, pitching our products and closing new business with a diverse set of public-sector agencies
- Build and maintain strong and effective client relationships, and act as thought partner negotiation and closing of complex enterprise deals
- Develop deep insights regarding customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of this vertical
- Strategically navigate and influence stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers ranging from senior public sector officials to the individual user level
- Provide regular and productive feedback loop to cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering) to enable continuous improvement of our products
- Ensure a strong, trusted relationship is established with clients throughout the sales process and during the onboarding experience to enable long-lasting customer relationships
- Attend industry events, tradeshows and focused symposiums to increase Dataminr’s brand awareness and value proposition
- Partner closely with Account Management and Customer Success teams to understand your customer’s mission sets and operational process in order to design and implement the programs that seamlessly integrate Dataminr into their workflow
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 7-10+ years of experience selling enterprise technology solutions in a fast-paced, competitive market
- At least 5 years of experience selling directly to public sector customers with a focus on federal civilian agencies
- Must have stable work history and track record of progressive career growth
- Knowledge of publicly available information and social media utilization efforts of public sector organizations, including federal agencies, law enforcement, emergency management, public information, and/or public health
- Deep understanding of sales process and business drivers for public sector clients
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of enterprise software/SaaS as it relates to artificial intelligence (AI) and open source data a plus
- Track record of quota overachievement and ability to deliver consistently against targets
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Open to travel as required
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.