--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're an experienced public sector sales leader who is excited to contribute to a cutting-edge AI company in its next phase of growth. You're passionate about delivering unique and impactful solutions to Public Sector clients. As our VP, International Public Sector (Non-Defence), you'll lead a sales and customer success team that helps our clients tackle their most difficult real-time information challenges.
You know what it takes to lead and grow a high-performing sales organization. You’re an expert at developing meaningful value propositions while holding your team to the highest standards of performance and accountability. You have experience coaching your team on navigating large, complex deals, and you lead by example.
- Develop strong vision and understanding of Dataminr's International (Non-Defence) Public Sector business and strategic goals
- Plan, implement, and execute on sales strategy, leveraging market knowledge and experience to convey product value proposition and positioning
- Motivate, develop, and grow a team of sellers and cultivate a performance-based culture built on providing value to public sector organizations
- Develop and maintain high level relationships with key prospective customers and organizational leaders
- Lead client mission and operational processes, identifying ways to integrate Dataminr into our clients' workflows and recommending best practices
- Coach sellers through complex sales and taking a more consultative approach to selling
- Provide business development and thought leadership through opportunity identification to grow new business, driving new capabilities and incremental business success
- Own and provide market leadership to sales teams, serving as subject matter expert throughout the full sales cycle
- Partner closely with cross-functional teams including Sales Operations, Marketing, and Product to drive operational and product improvements
- Maintain constant awareness of markets and competitive activity, making appropriate strategic and tactical sales recommendations to always stay one step ahead
- Maintain data hygiene with up-to-date and accurate forecasting of pipeline in SFDC
- Must be willing to travel as needed
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience; advanced degree a plus
- 15+ years of proven enterprise software/SaaS sales experience leading and scaling teams selling to and directly supporting global public sector organizations (e.g. federal agencies, law enforcement, public safety and/or emergency response)
- Knowledge of publicly available information and social media utilization efforts of public sector organizations, including federal agencies, law enforcement, emergency management, public information, and/or public health
- Extensive experience successfully selling into complex public sector entities with strong track record of negotiation and closing
- Deep understanding of sales process and business drivers for public sector clients
- Proven success as a sales leader in early stage or growth stage companies
- Strong solution selling skills with the ability to demonstrate strong product knowledge
- Adept at delivering against revenue targets and business objectives while devising and operating within a strategic business plan
- Open to travel as required
Why you should work here:
- We recognise and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including equity
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents such as Health and Dental insurance, Vision Care and Income Protection and Life Insurance
- pension with company match
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals, Bi-monthly company outings, Dataminr Yoga
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical wellbeing, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.