Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're an experienced HR Generalist who is driven, dedicated and well versed in all areas of HR in a high growth company. In this role, your main responsibility will be HR operations, personnel support, and driving the Dataminr culture. Reporting into the UK office, you'll align closely with the global HR team and partner with senior managers and leadership in Melbourne. You will also be responsible for workplace and office management tasks to ensure the smooth running of the office.
You're thoughtful, agile and highly organized. You hold yourself to a high bar in every aspect of your job, whether it's engaging with employees or balancing competing priorities. You're extremely detail-oriented - nothing falls through the cracks under your watch.
You're committed to creating the best possible employee experience. You can't wait to apply your skills at a hyper-growth, ever-changing, innovative tech company.
- Ownership of local HR employee touchpoints, training and programs, rolling out globally built initiatives locally and assessing specific local needs
- Manage all local HR operations and administration related to the employee life cycle, including onboarding, visa requirements, responding to employee assistant requests and keeping our employee HR platform updated
- Assist with benefits and perks administration and implementation for Melbourne, serving as point of contact for local vendors
- Roll out globally built trainings to local teams as a trainer/facilitator
- Own employee experience including ensuring a positive new hire orientation (including presenting information and welcome sessions) and assist with planning, supporting and executing global engagement initiatives and programmes locally
- Manage local personnel issues with the support of the Global HR team, including supporting managers during employee probation periods and assisting with development plans
- As needed, partner with the Global Talent Acquisition team to assist locally in recruitment activities, which could include interviewing and communicating with candidates, managing the in-person interview experience, and running local graduate recruitment events
- Manage food and beverage program including daily meals service and in-office snacks program, including but not limited to managing vendors, ordering, tracking deliveries, monitoring inventory, managing budgets, and maintaining employee satisfaction
- Manage office vendor accounts and vendor relationships (office supplies, business cards, furniture, etc.), and source new vendors and establish accounts as needed
- Plan and execute onsite and offsite office events including happy hours, holiday parties, social events, wellness experiences, and employee-focused events
- Serve as primary contact to the building management team and coordinate office operations, troubleshoot facilities repairs and service matters
- Handle employee onboarding and offboarding logistics, including managing desk assignments, desks preparation, building access cards, and desk moves
- Be a key driver of the Dataminr office workplace culture, liaising closely with your global Workplace Team colleagues to foster a positive, vibrant Dataminr employee experience
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of HR generalist experience, preferably in startup or high-growth environments
- Some recruitment experience a plus
- Superior organizational and time-management skills needed to effectively prioritise various responsibilities
- Ability to work with autonomy whilst successfully having high levels of communication to a manager based in the London office
- Excellent attention to detail and willingness to wear multiple hats across HR, Recruitment, and Workplace
- Outgoing and self-motivated with a strong desire to collaborate across teams
- Strategic thinker with sound and thoughtful judgement and the ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities in a fast paced work environment with frequent urgent deadlines
- Professional, friendly and enthusiastic demeanor
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental and vision
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- Daily lunch allowance and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- WeWork Yoga
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.