--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're a problem solver at heart. You're creative, resourceful, and highly analytical. You're energized by complex new challenges and the opportunity to solve them and create lasting impact for the organization.
You know how to operate effectively in cross-functional settings, working with stakeholders with a broad range of backgrounds and at all levels of an organization. You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic organization where the only constant is change. You're ready to leverage your experience and skills to make an impact at a company with an incredible mission.
As our Corporate Development Associates, you'd be part of the Office of the CFO and be a key player in the development and execution of Dataminr's short and long term corporate strategy.
- Evaluate complex, ambiguous business problems using data, analysis, and market research
- Provide business analysis, financial modeling, and related support on corporate and business development projects including new business initiatives, strategic partnerships, and investment or acquisition opportunities globally
- Perform industry research and competitive analysis on global trends and opportunities for the business
- Create plans and presentations for the Executive Team and Board of Directors
- Assist in the execution of complex transactions and due diligence
- Partner and collaborate closely with senior stakeholders and leaders across the company
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree any field with demonstrated high standards of excellence in academics, extracurriculars, and work experience
- 1-3 years of experience in investment banking or management consulting
- Experience and/or fundamental knowledge of Capital Markets and/or M&A activities e.g. valuations, financial planning, fundraising
- Strong, proven quantitative skills including financial modeling, analysis, and research
- Ability to think through and solve for complex problems creatively and strategically
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to translate insight into content, and create structured presentations
- Expert level knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.