Who we are:
About Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips. Being part of Sales at Dataminr means you'll be at the forefront of the most cutting-edge AI technology, helping organizations react to business-critical events around the globe.
We are super excited to be scaling in ANZ and as a result we are looking to hire new business focused individuals to join our growing team - you will have a proven track record of winning new logos and identifying customers where we can truly add value.
As an Account Executive at Dataminr, you'll dive deep into the Enterprise space by helping to bring our product to the Australia & New Zealand market. You'll take a consultative approach to drive large, complex deals with senior strategic buyers across various industry sectors. You'll be sitting at the center of Dataminr's next phase of growth.
Along the way, we'll give you the tools to succeed: a competitive and uncapped compensation structure with incentives to overachieve, a strong sales training and methodology program, and the latest tools and resources in the market.
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated solution sales professional with experience owning and managing all aspects of the sales cycle. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by exceeding quotas and establishing strong customer relationships. You're a master prospector, a thoughtful negotiator, a product subject matter expert, and a closing champion.
You're methodical when it comes to building and managing your pipeline. You're disciplined with your time and resources. You understand the value of listening to your clients to discover their technical, business and timeline drivers. You're competitive, goal-oriented and driven. All you need is a product you're passionate about.
You're excited about joining a fast-growth technology company at its next phase of expansion in the Australia & New Zealand region.
- Build and maintain client relationships, develop strategic sales plans, and act as a thought partner in complex client negotiations
- Plan and implement sales strategy for a particular market sector or sectors by leveraging market knowledge and developing the product and value proposition
- Manage the full sales cycle to maximise revenue potential within existing accounts whilst targeting new customer acquisitions
- Network with customers and prospects at an executive level to deepen and extend business relationships
- Meet sales KPIs on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Be an industry expert by keeping on top of competitive activity to appropriately advise on strategic and tactical sales recommendations
- Identify ways to integrate Dataminr into the customers' workflow and recommend best practices
- Develop and manage a pipeline of sales opportunities within the sector with an emphasis on tailored solution selling
- Ensure you are aware of regular feedback and customer insights to contribute to the continuous improvement of Dataminr solutions
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of proven enterprise sales experience gained in a high tech, IT Consulting or Services company selling to enterprise and strategic accounts with a turnover in excess of $1B
- Extensive experience of successfully selling into complex accounts with a strong track record of negotiation and closing
- Expertise in prospecting, identifying and developing multiple use cases, and developing strong relationships with C-level executives
- Demonstrable new business sales experience in early stage companies entering a rapid growth phase
- Knowledge of at least one area of the following primary industry sectors: Financial Services, Retail, Consumer Products, Transport & Logistics, Energy, Resources & Utilities and Manufacturing
- A good understanding of Corporate Risk and the challenges faced within the specific market sectors
- Proven enterprise software/SaaS sales experience, preferably gained in fast-paced, technology and data product driven environments
- Adept at strategically navigating and influencing all stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers
- Executive presence and excellent communication skills, including strong and engaging storytelling skills to evangelise a new product and establish business in this new market
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental and vision
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- Daily lunch allowance and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- WeWork Yoga
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.