--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 100+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're an experienced manager, coach and leader at heart. You love building and enabling successful sales development teams through a clear vision, structure and strategy. You're known for being able to create a thriving, fun, and high-energy team culture based on a shared set of values and appropriately designed incentives.
You have experience leveraging data to improve SDR team strategy and productivity. You’re a hands-on manager who embraces getting on the phone and leading by example.
As our SDR Manager, you will help create strategic initiatives that drive outbound lead generation and inbound conversions for our growing sales organization, while mentoring team members and serving as a bridge between the Sales and Marketing departments. You will build and lead Dataminr’s SDR team across multiple markets within the U.S.
Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast-moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips to help you identify and mitigate risk, assess a crisis situation, and craft an effective response.
Being part of Sales at Dataminr means you'll have the opportunity to create a positive and meaningful impact for your clients. Here's what you can expect:
- A comprehensive sales training and methodology program to set you up for success
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities so you're always on top of the latest sales trends and best practices
- Exposure and access to sales leadership for guidance, mentorship, and learning opportunities
- A strong sales culture of individual goals within a tight-knit team environment where your whole self is accepted
- Train and mentor our Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) on existing outreach tactics, time management, objection handling, prospecting tactics, upselling and active listening skills
- Build efficient processes to identify and research lists of companies to target
- Drive operational excellence through constant process innovation and creative incentives
- Help develop career paths for SDRs to further their professional growth
- Nurture SDR talent to build a bench of prospective Account Executives
- Own and maintain ongoing analysis of inbound and outbound lead generation performance/efficacy
- Partner with Marketing, Sales Enablement and Sales Operations to leverage data and better inform SDR team strategy, including segmentation and personalized outreach to support company-wide marketing campaigns with consistent and efficient customer information exchange
- Partner with additional Sales leadership to strategize and optimize entire sales pipeline activity while working to improve the lead conversation hand off process to ensure optimal customer experience
- Embody Dataminr’s core values and act as a brand ambassador both internally and externally
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of progressive experience in B2B quota-bearing sales roles with a proven track record of sales success
- 2-4 years of management experience in B2B Sales or Sales Development
- Experience growing and scaling a successful Sales Development team
- Proven track record establishing, achieving or exceeding measurable goals
- Experience at a fast-growing company (preferred)
- Experience successfully working cross-functionally across multiple departments within a company (i.e. Marketing, Operations, etc)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Salesforce CRM
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Positive, enthusiastic team player
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.