--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This role can be based in our London office, or remote within the UK.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
About Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips. Being part of the Sales team at Dataminr means you'll be at the forefront of the most cutting-edge AI technology, helping organizations react to business-critical events around the globe. You'll be an expert in this field and a trusted advisor to your clients.
As an Account Executive at Dataminr, you'll leverage your consultative skills to drive both new and existing business growth for the EMEA News sector. You'll be tasked with selling large complex deals to senior strategic buyers and be a key contributor in Dataminr's next phase of growth.
Along the way, we'll give you the tools to succeed: a competitive and uncapped compensation structure with incentives to overachieve, a strong sales training and methodology program, and the latest tools and resources in the market.
Who you are:
You're a highly-motivated hybrid sales professional with a track record of success in owning, developing, and growing a book of business. You have experience developing and maintaining long-standing customer relationships with clients in the news and/or media industries. You're a master prospector, a thoughtful negotiator, a product subject matter expert, an engaged partner and a closing champion.
You have extensive experience being the bridge between complex software solutions and the newsrooms that need them. You're able to prepare sales proposals, forecasts and account planning while leveraging consultative skills to build long-term solutions for the news industry.
You understand the value of listening to your clients to discover their technical, business and timeline drivers. You're competitive, goal-oriented and driven. All you need is a product you're passionate about.
- Drive new business by leveraging existing and developing new relationships directly with news companies and organizations
- Manage and develop a portfolio of enterprise news accounts with a focus on growth opportunities, upsell, and expansion
- Build and maintain strong and effective client relationships, and act as liaison and thought leader in the negotiating and closing of complex enterprise deals
- Manage the full sales cycle and achieve or exceed quota on a quarterly basis
- Be an expert on Dataminr’s platform; deeply understand open-source and social media analytics
- Develop deep insights regarding customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of this new vertical
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with senior strategic stakeholders to ensure business alignment and identify growth opportunities
- Work closely with product development and technology teams to drive product engagement, ensuring timely execution and customer satisfaction
- Work closely with customer success team to innovate and iterate on training and onboarding for new and existing users
- Be able to think and problem solve for newsrooms across media in a proactive format
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience; preferably previous education or experience in journalism and/or media
- 5+ years of sales experience (both new and existing business), preferably in enterprise technology or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environments
- Track record of quota overachievement and ability to deliver consistently against targets
- Knowledge and understanding of social media and open source data and its impact on news and media organizations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Open to travel as required
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including an additional volunteer day
- Daily catered lunch and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.