--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This role can be based in our New York City office or remote within the United States.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events around the world within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective newsgathering and breaking news coverage. Dataminr serves thousands of journalists in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to media organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
About Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips. Being part of the Sales team at Dataminr means you'll be at the forefront of the most cutting-edge AI technology, helping organizations react to business-critical events around the globe. You'll be an expert in this field and a trusted advisor to your clients.
As an Account Manager at Dataminr, you'll leverage your consultative skills to drive growth for the US News business. You'll be a key contributor in Dataminr's next phase of growth.
Along the way, we'll give you the tools to succeed: a competitive and uncapped compensation structure with incentives to overachieve, a strong sales training and methodology program, and the latest tools and resources in the market.
Who you are:
You're a highly-motivated sales professional with a proven track record of success in developing and maintaining long-standing customer relationships with clients in the news and/or media industries. You consistently meet and exceed revenue and quota objectives.
You have extensive experience being the bridge between complex software solutions and the newsrooms that need them. You're able to prepare sales proposals, forecasts and account planning while leveraging consultative skills to build long-term solutions for the news industry.
You understand the value of listening to your clients to discover their technical, business and timeline drivers. You're competitive, goal-oriented and driven - all you need is a product you're passionate about.
- Manage and develop a portfolio of media companies based in the US, Canada and Latin America with a focus on growth opportunities, upsell, and expansion
- Build and maintain strong and effective client relationships, and act as liaison and thought leader in the negotiating and closing of complex enterprise deals
- Be an expert on Dataminr’s platform; deeply understand open-source and social media analytics
- Develop deep insights regarding customer use cases, internal decision making nuances, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of this new vertical
- Conduct quarterly business reviews with senior strategic stakeholders to ensure business alignment and identify growth opportunities
- Provide regular and productive feedback loop to cross-functional teams (Product, Marketing) to enable continuous improvement of our products
- Work closely with customer success team to innovate and iterate on training and onboarding for new and existing users
- Be able to think and problem solve for newsrooms across media in a proactive format
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience; preferably previous education or experience in journalism and/or media
- 3+ years of sales or account management experience, preferably in enterprise technology or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) environments
- Track record of quota overachievement and ability to deliver consistently against targets
- Knowledge and understanding of social media and open source data and its impact on news and media organizations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Superior communication and presentation skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
- Open to travel as required
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.