--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Minimum Experience: 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 550 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
We're committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. At Dataminr, we believe our differences give us strength, and we hire talented individuals who are empowered to be their authentic selves. Come join us!
Who you are:
You build products that make users’ lives better. Are comfortable with rapid experimentation and enjoy solving new problems. You have the know how to deliver a product incrementally leveraging your experience with lean and agile practices. You own your own path to production and design applications that are well tested as well as easy to monitor for failure. You understand state management with Redux and enjoy working and sharing different React patterns, as well as exposing yourself to other parts of the stack like our Java backend services and our AWS hosted infrastructure.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
In this role, you will create the ways in which the customer interacts and experiences the alerts that we send them. This means you’ll:
- contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
- spend time with different parts of the company to understand how events around the world turn into customer alerts.
- implement industry best practices along with novel patterns and technologies that will help improve the codebase and the product
- partner with other members of the team to plan and deliver the next iteration of our customer web application to support emerging use cases for our product.
- be a technical mentor for more junior members of the team as well as sharing technical leadership responsibilities with other seniors on the team.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
- and more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.