--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're a senior finance professional with experience leading financial forecasting and planning functions and teams. You're highly proficient in financial analysis methods, tools, and concepts to prepare forecasts, cashflows, and other complex analyses for business performance. Throughout your career, you've made significant contributions to the strategic direction and management of rapidly growing and highly dynamic organizations, and you're excited to bring your expertise to Dataminr.
As our Head of Financial Planning & Analysis, you'll lead our FP&A function and report directly to the CFO. You'll work collaboratively with senior management across the company globally to project, analyze, and report financial results, analyze investment opportunities, and participate in business decisions that will drive the continued success of the company.
- Drive the annual budgeting process
- Report and analyze business metrics and KPIs
- Develop presentations and analytical material to be presented to senior management, the Board of Directors, and investors
- Assess and analyze progress of business initiatives, report results, and recommend course corrections where appropriate
- Develop and maintain projection models
- Analyze sales productivity, revenue growth and retention, unit economics, and margins
- Work with business leadership to analyze business opportunities, investments, partnerships, process improvement programs and research various industry/company trends
- Develop and maintain estimates of total addressable market; track competitors and peers
- Develop methodologies, dashboards and models for budgeting and reporting
- Collaborate with other members of the Finance team on a variety of initiatives, including, but not limited to, the monthly close process, quote to cash process, etc.
- Drive enhancements to the company’s planning software implementation
- Manage, develop, and mentor one direct report
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field of study; MBA preferred
- 10+ years experience in FP&A or similar roles, preferably within Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) companies
- Strong statistical, analytical and quantitative skills
- Expert ability with Excel; experience working with Adaptive Insights is a plus
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and/or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Demonstrated leadership and partnering skills, including success in influencing outside of direct reporting line
- Versatility and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and flexibility
- Sharp attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects in a timely manner
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.