Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You're a dynamic Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will be responsible for identifying and qualifying both inbound and outbound new business opportunities.
You will be focused on targeting prospects that represent our ideal customer profile, conducting research and setting up qualified meetings for our Account Executives. You are coachable, bring a positive attitude and eager to excel in a sales career.
You're a highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to multi-task within a fast paced environment. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by tactically generating new market interest and exceeding team goals.
You are ready to use your experience to jump into a high-growth tech ‘unicorn’ as we enter our next exciting growth phase and be a key player in building our business in Australia and New Zealand.
- Generating new business opportunities and drive new revenue
- Develop deep insights as to customer use-cases, internal decision-making processes, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of our business.
- Build and maintain client relationships and develop strategic sales plans
- Adeptly and intuitively understand when and how to leverage internal support (such as marketing, sales engineers and senior management) in order to close business
- Ensure a regular and productive feedback loop to provide customer insights in order to enable the continuous improvement of our products.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3-4 years’ experience (prior sales and prospecting experience at a Software/Technology company highly preferred)
- Self-starter who can multitask and adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Must be able to work autonomously and collaborate in a team environment
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental and vision
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- Daily lunch allowance and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- WeWork Yoga
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.