Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
About the role:
Dataminr’s Editors are an essential component of our company’s success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality and making Dataminr’s AI platform more advanced. As an Editor, Manager on our Domain Expert team, you will annotate, label and edit signals from our data feeds in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process and our advanced realtime human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models. As an Editor, Manager on our Domain Expert team, you will also play a key role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning and AI models. Please note that this role requires rotational weekend work as well as projects and meetings outside of business hours.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; and (3) serves as the in-house expert on Editorial style.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree in Journalism, English, International relations, Political Science, Government, Economics, or Foreign Language
- Experience necessary: 3-5 years in a news environment in a management or team lead position
- Excellent editing, writing, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Training, onboarding and quality control experience
- Self-motivation and an ability to operate under pressure while handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Deep knowledge of international affairs
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly with a keen eye for detail
- Passion for technology and a great understanding of social media (Twitter!)
- Ability to work weekends and when required
- Foreign language expertise a plus
- Manage team of highly engaged and high-performing Editors
- Monitor and analyze our data feeds and the quality of our signals
- Annotate complex breaking news events
- Provide expertise on a particular subject matter to improve our AI models
- Ability to make real-time decisions with incomplete data
- Collaborate and communicate in a team-centric environment on daily priorities
- Identify any software issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental and vision
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including two additional volunteer days
- Daily lunch allowance and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- WeWork Yoga
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminr's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.