Minimum Experience: 5 years
Job Type: Full Time
Who we are:
Who you are:
You're an experienced software engineer with superb software development skills interested in helping us sort, analyze and deliver relevant information from terabytes of unstructured social media data. As well as setting technical direction for significant parts of our microservices based architecture, you'll mentor and train other engineers and be thinking about how to make the team more effective every day.
What you've done before:
- Built back end systems to analyze massive amounts of data.
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills and solid understanding of computer science fundamentals, including commonly used algorithms and data structures.
- Worked with distributed systems using microservices architecture.
- Built applications with OO languages (preferably in Java or Scala), using SQL and NoSQL data stores, and run them in containers in a cloud environment.
- Led important initiatives and mentored junior engineers.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
In this role, you will build the services and underlying infrastructure that allows us to deal with terabytes of unstructured data and:
- contribute code to production systems from the get-go.
- spend time with different parts of the company to understand how Dataminr works.
- get up to speed on our tech stack and infrastructure with overview sessions and deep dives with your team.
- mentor more junior members of our growing team.
- design significant features that impact multiple platforms and apps.
- own portions of our product suite and be responsible for reliability and scalability.
- bring new ideas to our engineering-wide processes to help us improve constantly.
- be influential in planning the next iterations of our architecture as we strive to get more alerts to our clients faster and with near-perfect reliability.
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- generous leave and flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.