Type: Full Time
Experience: 3+ years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI, public data, and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Over the last decade, our team has established and refined the leading AI platform for real-time event and risk detection. We surface the earliest signals of unfolding events and emerging risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management. Dataminr serves thousands of professionals in 70+ countries by delivering timely, relevant, and actionable alerts to public and private sector organizations around the world.
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You’re a full stack engineer who has a research background or has worked with scientists to run experiments, implement front-end near production quality prototypes, implement and improve state-of-the art algorithms, and explore large data sets. You are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI and are a passionate builder of solutions that directly contribute to products. You want to advance the state of the art by working closely with scientists to implement novel approaches, and have the skillset to develop engineering solutions to solve real problems in production, at scale.
- Develop production quality prototypes and demos; iterating quickly while making savvy choices to ensure that approaches chosen from the literature or developed in-house can scale and are implemented for optimal performance.
- Work directly on all aspects of science problems with other group members: from inception (brainstorming and scientific literature review), to data exploration and implementation of methods created in-house and described in research papers, to productionizing research prototypes.
- Work as a liaison between the AI Group and engineering teams across the company in defining the right production delivery channels and processes for state-of-the-art algorithms and models (via APIs, libraries, etc.).
- Work with the team in solving specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: NLP, Information Retrieval, Complex Networks, Recommender Systems, Computer Vision, Machine/Deep Learning, etc..
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team to deliver value to customers (existing and new products).
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- Senior candidates are expected to lead technical areas and/or people.
- M.S. in Computer science. Ph.D. studies in any field a plus
- 3+ years of experience in software development
- Familiarity with machine learning and deep learning tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc)
- Experience working with scientists, reading technical research papers, and implementing state-of-the-art methods in production.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.