Minimum Experience: 2+ years
Type: Full time
Who we are:
Who you are:
You're a passionate engineer who believes in building mobile apps to elegantly solve problems for users. You enjoy collaborating with design and product experts to cook-up engineering solutions that focus on customer impact. Your inclination is to continuously improve the applications you work on and how you work. You’re looking for new ways to become a better mobile engineer. You’re eager to move across programming languages and technical stacks. As much as you enjoy learning, you are also passionate about sharing your knowledge with your team.
The mobile engineering team is looking for passionate engineers to partake in an ambitious revamp of our mobile product suite at Dataminr. In collaboration with design and product leaders, you would help define and build new mobile-first experiences for our customers. We are a small mobile team building the Dataminr mobile apps (two iOS and two Android), therefore we need to be focused on building the right features and getting them in front of customers quickly. From an engineering perspective, we need to continuously improve our practices to make sure we are able to preserve an excellent mobile experience while also shaping a rapidly growing codebase. We pick our engineering practices and technical stack to help us move fast. As an agile team, we are inspired by XP practices, our methodology combines Kanban and Scrum principles. Our technical stack is currently a mix of native iOS/Android and React Native.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
- Contribute to user stories in your first week
- Develop an understanding of the Dataminr mobile product and how it helps our customers
- Release changes on at least 2 mobile platforms (iOS/Android/React Native)
- Refactor and improve parts of our codebase
- Improve your engineering practices
- Provide input into how new features are designed and built
- Share ideas that can lead to improvements for the team, the product or the codebase
- Play an active role in the recruitment of new team members as we build a diverse and enjoyable team
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- generous leave and flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
- and more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
#LI - KP