Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
As Associate Corporate Counsel, you will report to the General Counsel and will be primarily responsible for drafting and negotiating customer contracts in support of a fast-moving, global sales organization. You will also provide advice and counsel on a broad range of issues in areas such as privacy, employment and intellectual property.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a wide variety of commercial agreements, including SaaS, master services, licensing, marketing and other vendor agreements; partner with relevant business stakeholders as necessary
- Assist with employment, privacy, intellectual property, governance, litigation, international and other legal matters
- Prepare and enhance company policies and procedures
- Advise internal teams, including HR, Sales, Product and Marketing teams, on legal matters and provide general corporate and commercial legal advice
- Research and anticipate new and emerging legal issues
- Provide strategic legal advice and counsel on a broad range of legal topics
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Juris Doctor (JD) from an accredited U.S. law school, and a license to practice law in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- At least 2-4 years of experience practicing law at a law firm or in-house with a focus on general corporate matters
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex commercial agreements, including SaaS agreements
- Business judgment and ability to assess legal risk while providing practical advice
- Experience and/or strong interest in areas such as employment law, data privacy and protection and/or intellectual property
- Ability to organize, prioritize and manage deadlines in a fast-paced and demanding work environment
- Thoughtful and persuasive interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Enthusiastic team member who enjoys taking ownership of projects, building relationships cross-functionally and working on cutting-edge legal issues
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.