Role: Senior Back End Software Engineer
Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 2 years related experience
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun. We've grown to over 500 talented employees across eight global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds."
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a Senior Back End Software Engineer to be responsible for developing new features in the Company’s commercial applications with Java technologies and MySQL. Responsible for fixing customer issues in the services and applications. The Senior Back End Software Engineer will implement NIST policies and procedures in User Services. Utilizes knowledge and experience in a variety of software development practices, including fluency with testing practices both with unit and integration testing. Collaborates with the Design and Product teams to define technical tasks and to ensure proper design and customer alignment. Participates in code reviews and provides opinions and direction to developments on code that were created by these teams. Tests new developments completely and adds new tests for regressions/customer issues when identified and addressed. Collaborates with teams to improve shared libraries and design patterns. Utilizes knowledge and experience in building large scale distributed software systems, NIST FIPS 800 security policies, integration in AWS services, NIST CAVP implementation and validation, and modern crypto algorithms mechanism and their implementation.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field and 6 years of related experience. Alternatively, this position requires a Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science or a related field and 2 years of related experience
- Must also have each of the following:
- 4 years of experience building and managing large scale distributed software systems;
- 2 years of experience working with NIST FIPS 800 security policies and with NIST FIPS 800 integration in AWS services;
- 2 years of experience with modern crypto algorithms mechanism and their implementation;
- Demonstrated ability working on existing large-scale code base with version control toolings and docker; and
- 4 years of demonstrated ability in Java or C++ and experience with scripting languages.
- Will accept experience gained concurrently.
- Will accept experience gained before, during, or after Master’s program.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- Individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- Generous leave and flexible hours.
- Daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.