Type: Full Time
Experience: All Levels
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We’ve grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You’re a research scientist who has published in top tier conferences and are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI and directly contributing to products while advancing the state of the art. You are very creative, can work independently, and are an excellent collaborator and communicator.
- Perform research to advance the state of the art and solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: transfer learning, reinforcement learning, active learning, information diffusion, image/video/text event classification & semantics, etc.
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team to deliver value to customers (existing and new products).
- Contribute to the research community via publications in top tier venues, participation in program committees, etc.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- Senior candidates are expected to lead technical areas and/or people.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Experience in one or several of the following topics above, with demonstrated ability to deliver practical solutions.
- Outstanding publication record (CVPR, ICCV, NIPS, ICML, etc.).
- Experience in Java, Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set up experiments and demonstrate progress through principled used of metrics.
- Familiarity with machine learning and practical experience in training and deploying models (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc)
- Professional experience in industry (requirement varies depending on level; recent graduates must have had relevant internships).
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- generous leave and flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Note: For this role, only candidates with Ph.D.s in the areas above will be considered. If you do not meet that requirement please consider either the Data Scientist or other positions.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.