Title: Operations Manager
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Who we are
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who You Are
You are an experienced operations leader with a proven ability to drive strategic initiatives that align with business objectives. You are a problem solver by nature. You can identify when a process is inefficient, broken or missing. You are quick to rectify the situation, with the end result of up-leveling overall operations and output metrics. You are a team player and thrive in a fast-paced work environment. A successful candidate will have prior experience working in a fast-paced operations or technology role. In this role, you will support the Site Lead in standing up our first APAC office -- creating processes and plans as needed. Once the office hits operational steady-state you will then ensure the continuity of day-to-day operations. This is a unique opportunity to make an impact at a fast-growing technology company.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ability to identify pain points and implement standard operating procedures
- Ensure management priorities and tasks are on track and properly resourced
- Serve as a product liaison and train team on latest product features and developments
- Organize team updates, teleconferences, and other cross-functional meetings
- Oversee scheduling system and WFM
- Serve as the primary liaison with Dataminr’s Global Operations team
- Ability to lead team autonomously in the absence of the Site Lead
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 4+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, government, military, technology startup, operations or related experience
- Previous experience working in journalism or the news industry, preferred
- Previous experience working with multiple office locations
- Excellent communicator and effective at cross-team collaboration
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organized, and process-oriented
- Extremely proactive, able to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment, with strong organizational skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Willingness to work some weekends and occasional holidays to support a 24/7 global operations environment
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Daily catered meal
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
…and this is just to name a few! Complete benefits and perks package to be shared during interview.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.