Min. Experience: Mid Level (3-8 years)
Who we are:
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who has a passion for breaking news and current world events. You can understand and succinctly describe ongoing, complex events with incomplete data. You are adaptable and able to keep up-to-date with multiple evolving situations and assess the impact of real-time Dataminr alerts. You enjoy leading high-performing teams that produce high-quality work. You take initiative, ownership, and are accountable while also looking for opportunities to elevate and bring your team along.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3-8 years of work experience, ideally in a newsroom style environment as an Online Editor
- BA Journalism, Communications/PR, International Relations, Economics, or a foreign language
- Demonstrated interest in breaking news and current world events
- Proven leader in covering big breaking stories
- Ability to create news coverage plans a plus
- Passion for technology and a great understanding of social media
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Foreign language abilities is a plus (especially Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Indonesian, Malay, Burmese, Korean, Chinese, Urdu, Farsi, Dari, Hindi or Pashto)
- Local knowledge of the Australian political and/or corporate landscape is an additional plus
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Daily catered meal
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
…and this is just to name a few! Complete benefits and perks package to be shared during interview.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.