Who we are:
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time.
Sales at Dataminr:
In a fast-moving world, there's nothing more important than having real-time information at your fingertips to help you identify and mitigate risk, assess a crisis situation, and craft an effective response.
Being part of Sales at Dataminr means you'll have the opportunity to create a unique and meaningful impact for your clients. Here's what you can expect:
- Competitive compensation structure including an uncapped commission plan and incentives to overachieve
- Ample time to ramp up before your full target kicks in
- A comprehensive sales training and methodology program to set you up for success
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities so you're always on top of the latest sales trends and best practices
- Exposure and access to sales leadership for guidance, mentorship, and learning opportunities
- A strong sales culture of individual goals within a tight-knit team environment
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated sales professional with experience owning and managing all aspects of the sales cycle. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by exceeding quotas and establishing strong customer relationships. You're a master prospector, a thoughtful negotiator, a product subject matter expert, and a closing champion.
You understand how to position the value of breaking news events and critical information for our clients. You have a strong grasp of products and technology in the SaaS space, and you leverage this knowledge to successfully sell into a variety of client audiences.
- Manage the full sales cycle from effectively researching and developing leads, qualifying prospects, pitching the Dataminr product and closing new business in the Major Accounts (Mid Market) sector
- Develop and execute prospecting tactics to identify potential leads and drive new customer acquisition through a high volume of email and phone outreach
- Establish clear value proposition for Dataminr's product through customer conversations, company and product presentations, emails and proposals
- Engage in regular product training and ensure you remain highly informed on our products and their customer use cases; proactively seek to sharpen and maximise your product knowledge and sales skills
- Negotiate pricing, build pipelines and achieve quota within required time frame
- Provide regular and productive feedback loop to cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering) to enable continuous improvement of our products
- Ensure a strong, trusted relationship is established with clients throughout the sales process and during the onboarding experience to enable long-lasting customer relationships
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in sales and/or business development in a fast-paced, competitive market
- At least 2 years of experience in a closing role with a successful track record in the Mid Market sector
- Strong prospecting experience involving a high volume of cold phone and email outreach
- Strong understanding of the open source and social media analysis efforts of corporate clients
- Active listening skills to discover clients' technical, business and timeline drivers
- Winning negotiation skills and proven track record of closing deals
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once with discipline while documenting them accurately
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM platform
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including an additional volunteer day
- Daily catered lunch and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.