Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Entry Level (0-3 years)
Who we are:
We’ve grown to over 500 talented employees across seven global offices and raised $392 million in funding in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together, make a meaningful contribution, and have fun. Join us and help the world manage risk in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process, serving as an in-house resource to help define factors that are important to our clients and provide feedback for algorithm assessment and improvement. You love being at the forefront of breaking events!
About the role:
Dataminr’s Domain Experts are an essential component of our company’s success - ensuring the alerts we send to our clients are of the best possible quality and making Dataminr’s AI platform more advanced. As a Domain Expert, you will monitor and analyze our data feeds and annotate, label and edit signals in real time. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process and our advanced realtime human-AI feedback loop that integrates key knowledge domains into our AI models. As a Domain Expert, you will also play a key role in defining new factors to improve our alerts, data source coverage, machine learning and AI models. Please note that this role requires rotational weekend work as well as projects and meetings outside of business hours.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who (1) thrives in a real-time information environment; (2) is a mission-oriented team player who wants to make an impact on the world; and (3) be the in-house expert on a specific sector or industry.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; ideally with a concentration in: Journalism, Communications/PR, International Relations, Economics, regional studies, foreign language or related field
- Deep understanding of geopolitical and risk issues in Asia, Australia and Oceania
- Ability to monitor and analyze data in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for breaking news, current world events, technology, and a great understanding of both social media and publicly available data
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Foreign language expertise a plus in Japanese, Korean, Urdu, Farsi, Dari, Hindi or Pashto
- Monitor and analyze our data feeds and the quality of our signals
- Annotate complex breaking news events
- Provide expertise on a particular subject matter to improve our AI models
- Ability to make real-time decisions with incomplete data
- Collaborate and communicate in a team-centric environment on daily priorities
- Identify any software issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Daily catered meal
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
…and this is just to name a few! Complete benefits and perks package to be shared during the interview process.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.