Type: Full Time
Min. Experience: Entry Level (0-3 years)
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who has a passion for breaking news and current world events. You can understand and succinctly describe ongoing, complex events with incomplete data. You are adaptable and able to keep up-to-date with multiple evolving situations and assess the impact of real-time Dataminr alerts. You take initiative, ownership, and are accountable while also looking for opportunities to elevate your teammates and bring others along.
In this role you will be an integral part of our algorithm training process where you define factors and audit the quality of the datasets' output and when necessary programmatically apply business rules
Desired Skills & Experience:
- BA Journalism, Communications/PR, International Relations, Economics, regional studies, foreign language or related field
- Demonstrated interest in breaking news and current world events
- Passion for technology and a great understanding of social media
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Foreign language fluency is a plus, but not required
- Preferred languages: Thai, Vietnamese, Cambodian, Indonesian, Malay, Burmese, Korean, Chinese, Urdu, Farsi, Dari, Hindi or Pashto
- Local knowledge of the Australian political and/or corporate landscape is an additional plus
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Daily catered meal
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
…and this is just to name a few! Complete benefits and perks package to be shared during the interview process.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.