Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated sales professional with experience owning and managing all aspects of the sales cycle. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by exceeding quotas and establishing strong customer relationships with public sector clients.
You understand how to position the value of breaking news events and critical information for our clients. By prospecting and building a brand new book of business with emergency management and law enforcement first responders, you’ll elevate their workflow and ensure that Dataminr’s critical alerts are getting into the right hands at the right time so new clients can make faster decisions.
- Manage the full sales cycle from effectively researching and developing leads, qualifying prospects, pitching the Dataminr product and closing new business in the Public Sector (State and Local)
- Develop and execute prospecting tactics to identify potential leads and drive new customer acquisition through a high volume of email and phone outreach
- Establish clear value proposition for Dataminr's product through customer conversations, company and product presentations, emails and proposals
- Engage in regular product training and ensure you remain highly informed on our products and their customer use cases; proactively seek to sharpen and maximize your product knowledge and sales skills
- Negotiate pricing, build pipelines and achieve quota within required time frame
- Provide regular and productive feedback loop to cross-functional teams (Product, Engineering) to enable continuous improvement of our products
- Update Dataminr’s CRM system to ensure transparency and accurate forecasting.
- Participate in team events and conferences as required.
- Ensure a strong, trusted relationship is established with clients throughout the sales process and during the onboarding experience to enable long-lasting customer relationships
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in sales and/or business development in a fast-paced, competitive market, preferably focused on selling to public sector agencies
- Knowledge of publicly available information and social media utilization efforts of public sector organizations, including but not limited to law enforcement, emergency management, public information, fire, and public health
- Strong prospecting experience involving a high volume of cold phone and email outreach
- Active listening skills to discover clients' technical, business and timeline drivers
- Experience conducting web demos and closing business over the phone
- Winning negotiation skills and proven track record of closing deals
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at once with discipline while documenting them accurately
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM platform
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch with bi-monthly company dinner outings (Seamless dinner orders when needed)
- Snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.