Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You are a polished communicator who provides high-quality counsel to your colleagues on communications strategies aligned to business requirements. You have experience representing the company to select media and analysts. You're an expert storyteller who understands branding and its many facets. You can think broadly about brands, and have the ability to switch and forth between strategic and editorial thinking. You have strong opinions about grammar. You know how to simplify complex messaging and turn it into a compelling and engaging story.
You know that communications and content marketing are ever-evolving fields. You're adaptable to change and are always looking for new ways to innovate and optimize content. You have experience working cross-functionally across Marketing, Sales, and Product teams at a global level to drive results.
As our Senior Manager, Communications and Content, you'll report to our VP, Brand Strategy and Communications. You'll be tasked with identifying opportunities to craft and refine Dataminr’s story for a wide range of audiences and enhancing the brand’s visibility by managing our rapidly-growing Dataminr brand portfolio, content marketing engine, and earned media programs with agency partners.
- Contribute strategic, creative ideas and drive program management for earned media programs (including news momentum, trend spotting and global thought leadership) that help shape how clients and prospects in our target market segments will learn of, engage with, and consider Dataminr
- Establish processes for a programmatic approach of communication and education of business, technology and industry/trade media about Dataminr’s technology innovation, thought leadership and corporate responsibility programs, including rapid response to key relevant issues
- Work with sales and product teams to uncover use cases and client examples that bring the Dataminr story to life
- Plan, develop, and manage short- and long-term content and editorial strategy for Dataminr, including the direct execution of writing projects & deliverables supporting Dataminr’s market and thought leadership, such as press releases, blog posts and social content
- Define scalable processes for content creation by collaborating with larger Marketing team and cross-functional leadership
- Lead content efforts including concepting, team, design, and production
- Develop and execute multi-channel thought leadership content to engage various audiences, further our brand mission, and achieve growth and engagement goals
- Write and edit engaging, high-quality copy that embodies the Dataminr brand, adapting to different personas, industries, and content formats (e.g. blogs, white papers, landing pages, web, social media, etc.)
- Manage external agencies and freelancers to produce short- and long-form content
- Study, research, and listen to industry trends, customer needs, content metrics, and other data to adjust and optimize content
- Measure and track content performance and KPIs in order to continuously inform and optimize content strategy
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 7-10 years of experience in marketing and/or communications, preferably within enterprise SaaS or high-growth technology environments
- Ability to work with a diverse team and drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Strong organizational skills with a demonstrated ability to lead projects and work cross functionally in a fast-paced, always-on environment
- Highly detail-oriented with the ability to work proactively and independently
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to handle multiple competing priorities
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.