Minimum Experience: 5+ years
Type: Full time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're a passionate technical leader who believes in building high quality mobile apps that address user’s problems. You are able to leverage the latest mobile features and tools to drive customer impact. Your inclination is to continuously improve the applications you work on and how you work. You see automated testing as valuable and you’re eager to move across languages and tech boundaries. As much as you enjoy learning, you are also passionate about sharing your knowledge with your team and mentoring other engineers. You’re always thinking about ways to deliver better software as a team.
The mobile engineering team is looking for a technical leader who can help shape the direction of the architecture, tooling, team delivery practices. We’re a small team managing several mobile apps for all of Dataminr. We’re focused on building features quickly and getting them in front of customers while continuously improving our practices to deliver high-impact mobile apps. Our current agile rituals are a mix of Kanban and Scrum and they’re evolving as the team grows.
Our current mobile stack is a mix of native iOS/Android and React Native. Our team’s developers will have the opportunity to work across products and technical platforms.
What success looks like in your first 6 months:
- Contribute and improve our codebase / infrastructure from the get-go
- Lead the development of significant features that have an impact on our business
- Play an active role in evolving our mobile engineering practices
- Understand our technical ecosystem to be able to guide the team’s technical roadmap
- Introducing new concepts and practices that improve the experience of customers and streamlines development experience
- Play a supporting role in the recruitment of new team members as we build a diverse and enjoyable team
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- generous leave and flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
- and more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.