--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
Dataminr is still actively hiring.
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first,
we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
This is an office-based role, but we will provide all the necessary support to work remotely until our offices reopen.
Minimum Experience: 7+ years
Type: Full time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're a passionate technical leader who believes in building mobile apps that solve user’s problems. Your inclination is to continuously improve the applications you work on and how you work. As much as you enjoy learning, you are also passionate about sharing your knowledge with your team and mentoring other engineers. This includes:
- Desire to spend most of your time modeling strong engineering practices through hands on coding
- Collaborate with User Experience, Product, and other engineers to design solutions with balanced tradeoffs (experience in Lean product development is great!)
- Break down complex deliverables into smaller, easy to release milestones
- Able to manage scope vs timeline conversations when organizing and leading initiatives
- Provide the technical vision that will enable us to build a great product
- Help form technical strategy to guide how we make technical investments (pay down tech debt)
- Implement well organized and tested code (Test Driven Development)
- Engineer with high frequency code integration (think trunk-based development)
- Mentor team members in evolving their skills as software engineers
- Follow industry best practices and drive adoption on team (if it fits the job)
- Able to model continuously learning and improvement
- Participate in shaping the interview process and bringing in new team members
- Desire to build a high-performing, cross-platform mobile team
The mobile engineering team is looking for a technical leader to partake in an ambitious revamp of our mobile product suite at Dataminr. In collaboration with design and product leaders, you would help define and build new mobile-first experiences for our customers. As a Principal engineer, you would drive the direction of the architecture, tooling, team engineering practices. We are a small mobile team building the Dataminr mobile apps (two iOS and two Android), therefore we need to be focused on building the right features. As an agile team, we are inspired by XP practices, our methodology combines Kanban and Scrum principles.
Our technical stack is currently a mix of native iOS/Android and React Native (w/ Redux). Here is a subset of the tools we use:
- IDEs: Intellij/Webstorm, Android Studio, Xcode
- Testing: Jest, Mockito, assertj, Appium, XCTest, Android Espresso
- CI/CD: Gitlab, Google Firebase, Fastlane
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- Competitive compensation package including company equity
- Paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- Opportunities to own and drive important critical projects
- Individual Learning and Development fund and professional training
- Generous leave and flexible hours
- Daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.