Who We Are: [Taken from Current Dataminr Career Page]
We are Dataminr, the world's real-time information discovery company that turns information chaos into opportunity using groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology. Our ability to find and deliver information faster than any traditional source has completely revolutionized how critical, relevant and actionable information reaches the news, finance, public sector, corporate security and communications industries.
Headquartered in New York City with over 400 employees, Dataminr has raised over $570 million from leading venture and growth technology investors. Along the way, we've been referred to as the "super tool of journalists and hedge funds" while also receiving numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including being named to CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list in 2014 and 2016, and the Forbes Cloud 100 in 2017 and 2018.
Working at Dataminr means you'll be a part of a challenging and dynamic environment where everyone feels that they have the freedom to be innovative, impactful and influential. Our culture promotes team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it empowers us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You're a Business Analyst with experience driving initiatives to support company growth and operations. You love making sense of large amounts of data, developing models & conducting research to inform decision making, and creating presentations to convey strategic insights. You're highly analytical and detail oriented.
You take the initiative to own projects and deliver results with the goal to make the organization more successful. You're passionate about bringing your strategic, analytical, and data skills to a growing organization. You will work with a cross-functional team of product managers, data scientists, engineers - to solve challenging problems.
- Drive insights through analytics, reporting, and visualization: Conduct data analytics & modeling, define business metrics, and develop dashboards to drive both day-to-day decision-making and long-term strategic-setting
- Build executive-level and client-facing presentations: Collaborate with multiple parts of the organization to assemble and convey company performance & strategic insights for internal and external audiences
- Assist in development and execution of strategic, operational, and analytical initiatives: Design, oversee, and assist in the execution and implementation of key company initiatives
- Complete ad-hoc executive requests (e.g., compiling internal documents for a particular initiative, researching datasets of interest, providing analytical/data support for performance management)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from top tier university
- 1+ years in Business Analyst or similar role within management consulting, investment banking, operations, or analytics
- Excellent attention to detail and highly organized with demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work both independently & collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- High level of proficiency with analytical and presentation tools (e.g., Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint, Google Sheets/Slides)
- Experience in or a willingness to learn analytic languages (e.g., SQL, Python) or visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.