Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated Business Intelligence Analyst or Data Analyst with experience building KPI dashboards and analytics solutions. You're a data and automation enthusiast, a self-starter, and a quick learner that enjoys tackling open-ended problems.
You're excited to be part of Dataminr's Finance team, where you'll collaborate cross-functionally to drive key projects related to data collection, analysis, and reporting. You'll report to the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis, and will be part of a small team that values continuous learning and growth, and driving a culture of data-driven decisions. You will partner with the data team at Dataminr and play a key role in building out the analytics capability of the organization
- Create interactive dashboards and visualizations leveraging data from SFDC, Marketing technology stack, Netsuite and other sources.
- Assist with analysis, architecture, design, and development of ETL, data warehouse and business intelligence needs
- Improve BI tool solutions to calculate new/existing KPIs and new ways of analyzing data.
- Develop a deep understanding of sales metrics, reporting tools, and data structure in order to identify and drive resolution of issues, provide actionable intelligence with existing metrics or identify, develop, and propose new metrics, dashboards, scorecards
- Partner with Sales, Marketing, Product and Finance stakeholders to align systems to properly collect and attribute data relevant to the business
- Contextualize your analysis for key stakeholders to enable decision makers to make better business decisions.
- Collaborate with Accounting team to evaluate the accuracy and completeness of data supporting revenue recognition and other key accounting processes
- Learn and understand how our data is organized and how best to keep data integrity
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field such as business, management, accounting, economics, statistics, information science or similar; MBA or advanced degree a plus
- 2-6 years of experience in a business intelligence function or role requiring the extraction and interpretation of data relevant to Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) organizations
- Strong working knowledge of Google Sheets and Excel
- Strong working knowledge of SQL; Experience with any one of the programming languages like R/SAS/Python or similar is a big plus
- Experience with planning and ERP tools (Oracle PBCS/Adaptive and Netsuite) a plus
- Experience with at least one BI tool (Looker, Tableau, Data Studio, Power BI, Domo, etc.)
- Understanding of SaaS technology stack tools (Salesforce, Marketo, Outreach, Clari)
- Experience creating data-driven reports for C-level and Executive team members
- Strong critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently and productively while maintaining accuracy and meeting tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills