Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You are passionate about defence/security, international relations, politics and technology. You will have prior experience working in a first response capacity with the government or military. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process, serving as an in-house resource to help define factors that are important to our Public Sector clients and provide feedback for algorithm assessment and improvement. You love being at the forefront of breaking events!
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years experience in defence
- Intimate knowledge of defence first response priorities
- Previous security clearance preferred
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and their relevance to and impact on national security
- Overseas experience with a government or military entity
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Foreign language expertise a plus
- Ability to monitor and analyse data quickly
- Experience in a real-time/breaking news environment
- Excellent editing, writing, grammar and proofreading skills
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including an additional volunteer day
- Daily catered lunch and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.