Type: Full time
Min. Experience: 3 years
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
We’re looking for a Software Engineer to be responsible for developing new features in commercial applications with Java NoSQL databases on cloud computing platforms and designing significant features that impact multiple systems and teams using Kafka, Spark. Responsible for developing and overseeing several microservices and their reliability, deployment, and scalability. Helps to plan new features and architecture improvements and will bring new ideas to engineering-wide processes to help improve products and services. Works in Back-End Engineering division and will be expected to utilize experience in handling or analyzing large volumes of data, experience with tools like Spark, Redis, distributed queuing systems like Kafka, and AWS services, including S3. Uses distributed data processing systems, such as the Hadoop ecosystem, Spark, and SQL/NoSQL databases, and use programming skill in Java or Scala and Python.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- 3 years of related experience
- Must also have demonstrated ability with each of the following:
- Programming using C++, C, and Java;
- Using deployment and version control tools like GIT/Perforce;
- Working with and maintaining large code base;
- Building distributed and RESTful services;
- Building and maintaining relational/NoSQL databases such as MySQL, SQLite, and Redis; and
- Utilizing big data processing pipeline technologies such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, or ZeroMQ.
- Will accept experience gained concurrently.
- Will accept experience gained before, during, or after Master’s program.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- A diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- Opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- Individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- Generous leave and flexible hours.
- Daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.