Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You are a passionate and self-starting designer who is excited by the constantly evolving possibilities offered by the digital space and technologies. You are a skilled relationship builder with experience collaborating with and driving creative programs for multiple departments including Marketing, Product, Workplace, and People.
You are confident working with and presenting visual concepts to commercial leadership, and driving conversations on the direction of the visual brand. You are an exceptional project leader, with extensive experience working on and overseeing multiple programs at any given time. You have worked with outside designers, writers and/or agencies, and have developed production schedules and have received briefs of varying complexity.
As our Design Director (DD), you will steward Dataminr's visual brand and identity across a wide range of platforms from print to digital, environmental spaces, social and multimedia, ensuring that the look and feel is both fresh and consistent across all platforms. You will manage an increasingly high volume of real-world production as the company expands into new markets and geographies. You will lead a small in-house creative team, working closely with the group to create visually compelling products that support the Dataminr brand and underlying go-to-market communications.
- Ensure all work is strategically sound, conceptually inspiring and creatively powerful
- Be a hands-on design expert, shaping the concept and seeing it through implementation
- Reinforce Dataminr’s visual identity system and oversees application of brand standards across all platforms
- Elevate the imaginations, design references and craftsmanship of the Creative team
- Own all Dataminr branding and brand-related visual content
- Lead brand development and coordinate with outside resources where necessary
- Manage the style guide(s)
- Maintain visual brand oversight of elements including but not limited to:
- Website and other associated elements of the digital ecosystem
- Print materials
- Environmental branding and installations; internal signage
- Digital communications – email, invitations, etc.
- Visuals and design related to social media promotion and company presence
- Photographic and illustration elements
- Oversee event-specific branding and design across a range of event materials (logos, physical banners, event programs, physical/digital invitations, graphics)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years experience as a designer/art director
- Well-developed aesthetic and design sensibilities
- Knowledge of latest design trends and techniques
- Deep understanding of both photography and illustration
- Skill and experience working across media, both digital and analog
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced team environment on multiple projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience as an in-house art director
- Image file management
- Proficiency collaborating across teams/departments/geographies
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.