Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are
You're an experienced and energetic sales leader that is highly motivated and passionate about contributing to a fast growth tech company. This position will play a leading role in our next scaling phase and will require strong leadership skills, depth of business acumen and a track record in building enterprise sales organisations that deliver growth and results against high achieving business targets. You have a track record contributing to the achievement of excellent business results by exceeding quotas and establishing strong customer relationships.
You will be an expert at building organisational structure and processes, developing meaningful value propositions, and holding your business to the highest levels of performance and accountability. You combine both the ability to use data to drive best practice decision making for business growth with the art of selling to great effect and are ready to use your leadership experience to jump into a high-growth tech ‘unicorn’ as we enter our next exciting growth phase.
You will ideally have a track record of operating and building a business network in one of the following areas:
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Transport & Logistics
- Energy, Resources & Utilities
- Holding the enterprise sales team accountable for business results, key operational metrics and quarterly financial commitments.
- Providing leadership, direction and coaching to members of the enterprise sales team.
- Establishing a business centric solution approach to the sales process.
- Building and implementing a responsibly effective 3 year growth plan to capture the market opportunity for Dataminr in the enterprise segment.
- Attracting, retaining, and developing the best possible sales organisation and instill a performance-based culture built on selling and accountability.
- Maintaining constant awareness of markets and competitive activity, making appropriate strategic and tactical sales recommendations to always stay one step ahead.
- Leading client mission and operational processes, identifying ways to integrate Dataminr into our clients' workflows and recommending best practices.
- Planning and implement sales strategy for Dataminr's EMEA Enterprise business by leveraging market knowledge and developing product positioning and value propositions.
- Developing and manage a robust pipeline of diverse use-cases in the enterprise segment.
- Provide business development and thought leadership through opportunity identification to grow new business, driving new capabilities and incremental business success.
- Partnering closely with cross-functional teams including Revenue Operations, Marketing, and Product to drive operational and product improvements
- Executing tactical and strategic business plans for existing and new clients,
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of proven enterprise sales leadership experience gained in a high tech, IT Consulting or Services company selling to enterprise/strategic accounts with a turnover in excess of $1Bn.
- Demonstrable new business sales leadership experience in early stage companies entering a rapid growth phase.
- Demonstrable experience of prospecting/selling to the C-suite and coaching teams to exceed sales quotas/targets using a sales methodology such as Miller Heiman and sales force automation
- Extensive experience of successfully selling into complex accounts with a strong track record of negotiation and closing.
- A good depth and credible understanding of Corporate Risk and the challenges faced within the specific market sectors in trying to address it.
- Expertise in prospecting, identifying and developing multiple use cases, and developing strong relationships with C-level executives.
- Consistent over achievement and territory growth.
- Proven depth of business acumen and solution selling skills that combine to deliver compelling business centric customer solutions.
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals.
- Adept at delivering against quarterly business objectives and accountabilities whilst devising and operating within a strategic territory/business plan.
- Depth of previous experience of managing people and their professional skills development; hiring, development and attrition experience with teams.
- Experience of successfully implementing new organisational models, including the change management aspects.
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including an additional volunteer day
- Daily catered lunch and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.