Director of Marketing, ANZ
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who are you:
The Director of Marketing, ANZ is an experienced marketing leader with a proven track record developing and delivering B2B marketing programs that drive revenue-impacting results. They have an expert understanding of the sales and product pipeline and the role of marketing at each stage of the opportunity funnel and the client expansion path.
Through an in-depth understanding of account based marketing principles, you’ll help to communicate the Dataminr value proposition to select audience segments across ANZ. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in building and managing field marketing programs, developing and executing strategic account-based marketing (ABM) campaigns, taking an analytical approach to developing account specific marketing plans and engaging with sales leadership at the highest level. In addition to building the ABM program this person will be tasked with managing a team of marketers focused on building event and demand generation programs targeted at the full set of customer segments across Dataminr's diverse set of markets.
This role requires a highly organized, hard-working individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment where collaboration across teams is crucial to success. The ideal candidate has excellent communications skills and 5-7 years of B2B marketing experience in a SaaS organization, technology company, or start-up environment. Experience building an account based marketing program in a new market, along with marketing to a complex set of audiences a plus. This role reports to the Vice President, Marketing - EMEA/APAC.
- Marketing Strategy: Contribute to overall company strategy from an ANZ Marketing perspective; Optimize marketing plans and budgets to support revenue objectives; Partner across geographies to build plans that drive success; Ensure consistent message, voice, and experience across touchpoints
- Campaign Management: Develop and optimize messages and campaigns across all channels (online, print, events); Propel prospects through the buying journey from awareness to close, and then to expansion; Drive account specific marketing planning aligned to sales strategies for account-appropriate offerings; Create and execute annual and quarterly marketing plans for targeted list of accounts in order to deepen Dataminr’s relationship - from new customer acquisition to accelerating opportunity close to expansion
- Innovation & Measurement: Support a test-and-learn strategy for marketing programs and activities, incorporating learnings from successes as well as “failures” into future programs and across verticals; Make data driven decisions while bringing creativity and big ideas to the table; Work closely with Marketing Operations on analytics and reporting
- Team Building: Manage an Australia based marketing team as the business grows in the region; Hire and develop the team, inspiring and driving teams to reach optimum performance; Build capabilities and establish goals to deliver results quarter over quarter, year over year; Engage and support talent and career development
- Collaboration: Build strong relationships and be accountable in front of groups across Marketing, Sales and Product to drive results; Lead local agencies to deliver results, in partnership with agencies and teams on the ground in ANZ (and other regions)
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5-7 years experience in B2B marketing with proven account based marketing specific knowledge and skills, preferably for a global SaaS software company
- 3+ years experience managing a high-performing team
- Self-starter who has built programs from the ground up
- Solid track record of successfully scaling marketing efforts in a growth-oriented company
- Experience successfully driving the creation of comprehensive marketing plans, aligning campaigns and strategies to hit target goals, including MQLs, contribution to pipeline and ROI.
- Experience building marketing programs to support client growth at the enterprise level
- Strategic thinker with ability to execute
- Organized and methodical; Process oriented
- Track record of success juggling requests from multiple stakeholders; Ability to be flexible and operate in a fast-moving environment
- Proven ability to successfully articulate and address complex business issues concisely
- Resourceful creative thinker with proven experience in developing new marketing ideas and strategies
- Ability to consume and understand data, turning it into insight driven decision making to drive clear results and optimization
- High degree of customer orientation and focus
- Agile, collaborative, positive attitude, and flexible
- Experience working with CRM and marketing automation/email tools such as SalesForce and PardotCompetitive Perks and Benefits - More information will be shared at interview stages.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.