Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You're an experienced manager, coach and leader at heart. You love building and enabling successful sales development teams through a clear vision, structure and strategy. You're known for being able to create a thriving, fun, and high-energy team culture based on a shared set of values and appropriately designed incentives.
You have experience leveraging data to improve SDR team strategy and productivity. You’re a hands-on manager who embraces getting on the phone and leading by example.
As our Manager, Sales Development, you will lead strategic initiatives that drive outbound lead generation and inbound conversions for our growing sales organization, while mentoring team members and serving as a bridge between the Sales and Marketing departments. You will build and lead Dataminr’s SDR team across multiple markets within the U.S.
- Train and mentor our Sales Development Representatives (SDRs) on existing outreach tactics, time management, objection handling, prospecting tactics, upselling and active listening skills
- Build efficient processes to identify and research lists of companies to target
- Drive operational excellence through constant process innovation and creative incentives
- Help develop career paths for SDRs to further their professional growth
- Nurture SDR talent to build a bench of prospective Account Executives
- Own and maintain ongoing analysis of inbound and outbound lead generation performance/efficacy
- Partner with Marketing, Sales Enablement and Sales Operations to leverage data and better inform SDR team strategy, including segmentation and personalized outreach to support company-wide marketing campaigns with consistent and efficient customer information exchange
- Partner with additional Sales leadership to strategize and optimize entire sales pipeline activity while working to improve the lead conversation hand off process to ensure optimal customer experience
- Embody Dataminr’s core values and act as a brand ambassador both internally and externally
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree preferred
- 5+ years of progressive experience in B2B quota-bearing sales roles with a proven track record of sales success
- 2-4 years of management experience in B2B Sales or Sales Development
- Experience growing and scaling a successful Sales Development team
- Proven track record establishing, achieving or exceeding measurable goals
- Experience at a fast-growing company (preferred)
- Experience successfully working cross-functionally across multiple departments within a company (i.e. Marketing, Operations, etc)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Salesforce CRM
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Positive, enthusiastic team player
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.