Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You're an experienced communications leader with a passion for developing and delivering thoughtful and innovative communications strategies that educate, inspire, and engage employees at a global level. You have experience with newer communication channels, tools and technologies that effectively reach a variety of audiences, and you aren't afraid to try something new and champion impactful initiatives.
You're a strategic partner and a thought leader to executive teams and senior leadership. You have experience designing and executing clear and consistent communications plans that align with your company's overall business strategy, brand, and mission.
As our Director of Internal Communications, you'll report to the Chief People Officer and will be responsible for building Dataminr's global internal communications strategy from the ground up. Along the way, you'll also work to align Dataminr's employer brand to your overall communications program. You can't wait to make an impact at a fast-paced, mission-driven organization like Dataminr.
- Build and execute an internal communications program that leverages a variety of internal communications channels and best practices
- Partner with the executive team and senior leadership to manage and execute complex organizational and change communications for large-scale, global, strategic initiatives
- Serve as a communications thought leader across various businesses, leaders, and geographies to develop content and facilitate company-wide roll-outs
- Advise, write, and/or edit internal communications on behalf of leadership focused on company goals and overall strategy
- Deliver communications to employees through a range of global digital platforms and face-to-face channels (e.g. regular Town Hall meetings, fireside chats, internal podcasts, and more!)
- Ensure accuracy, clarity and consistency of communications, reflecting messaging, wider company objectives and issues/change/crisis management
- Lead strategy, selection, and implementation process for Dataminr's first Intranet
- Own and align Dataminr's employer brand to overall communications strategy, leveraging content as appropriate and advising on best practices
- Evaluate and measure the effectiveness of communication efforts to continuously improve internal communications program
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or related field
- 8+ years of experience in internal communications across various disciplines, including organizational, change, and executive communications
- Previous in-house experience within high-growth environments strongly preferred
- Proven success creating communications programs from scratch
- Ability to think creatively and strategically in order to connect with a diverse audience
- Strong relationship building skills and experience working cross-functionally with executive and leadership teams
- Outstanding verbal and written communication, presentation, and editing skills
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.