Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are
You're an experienced and energetic sales professional that is highly motivated and passionate about contributing to a fast growth tech company. This position will play a leading role in our next expansion phase! You will ideally have a track record of working and building new business in one of the following areas:
- Financial Services & Insurance
- Retail & Consumer Products
- Transport & Logistics
- Energy, Resources & Utilities, Mining
The role of an Account Executive in Dataminr is to discover and win new business, strategically develop accounts and ensure customer satisfaction and loyalty. This will be done through a deep understanding of industry and market dynamics and by aligning Dataminr solutions to customer needs
You will possess the following attributes and competencies:
As an Account Executive at Dataminr you will be using your excellent communication skills to discover and win new business, strategically develop accounts and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Build and maintain client relationships, develop strategic sales plans, and act as a thought partner in complex client negotiations
- Plan and implement sales strategy for a particular market sector by leveraging market knowledge and developing the product and value proposition
- Manage the full sales cycle to maximise revenue potential within existing accounts whilst targeting new customer acquisitions.
- Network with customers and prospects at an executive level to deepen and extend business relationships.
- Meet sales KPIs on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Be an industry expert by keeping on top of competitive activity to appropriately advise on strategic and tactical sales recommendations
- Identify ways to integrate Dataminr into the customers' workflow and recommend best practices
- Develop and manage a pipeline of sales opportunities within the sector with an emphasis on tailored solution selling.
- Devise strategic and tactical sales account plans.
- Ensure you are aware of regular feedback and customer insights to ensure the continuous improvement of Dataminr solutions
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 7+ years of proven sales experience gained in a high tech, IT consulting or services company selling to enterprise and strategic accounts with a turnover in excess of $500M
- Extensive experience of successfully selling into complex accounts with a strong track record of negotiation and closing.
- Expertise in prospecting, identifying and developing multiple use cases, and developing strong relationships with C-level executives.
- Demonstrable new business sales experience in early stage companies entering a rapid growth phase
- Depth and breadth of knowledge of at least one area of the following primary industry sectors: Financial Services, Retail, Consumer Products, Transport & Logistics, Energy, Resources & Utilities and Manufacturing including a strong personal network.
- An appreciation of Corporate Risk and the challenges faced within the specific market sectors
- Proven enterprise software/SaaS sales experience, preferably gained in fast-paced, technology & data product driven environment.
- Adept at strategically navigating and influencing all stakeholders in the buying process including users, influencers and budget decision makers.
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills
- Results driven
- Strategic sales planning
- Cross-Boundary Collaboration
- Impact and Influence
- Building Customer/Partner Relationships
- Product and Technology Expertise
- Value Selling
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include: