Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
About Sales at Dataminr:
Being part of our dynamic sales team means you have the opportunity to make a unique and meaningful impact on the company and the organizations we serve. Here are some things you can expect as a salesperson at Dataminr:
- Ramp up period to earn commission before your full target kicks in
- A comprehensive sales training program
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities so you're always on top of the latest sales trends and best practices, including use of a Professional Development Fund.
- Exposure and access to sales leadership for guidance and learning opportunities (you can also take part in our Mentorship Program!)
- A culture of individual goals within a tight-knit team environment
Who you are:
You're a dynamic Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will be responsible for identifying and qualifying outbound opportunities across our verticals; Corporate Risk, Public Sector and News.
As an SDR, you will be focused on targeting prospects who represent our ideal customer profile, conducting research and setting up qualified meetings for our Account Executives. You are coach-able, bring a positive attitude and eager to excel in a sales career.
You're a highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to multi-task within a fast paced environment. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by tactically generating new market interest and exceeding team goals.
- Generating new business opportunities and drive new revenue
- Manage the full sales cycle from generating demand for the product, qualifying prospects, pitching our products and closing new business within Corporate Risk & Security departments within Fortune 500 companies
- Develop deep insights as to customer use-cases, internal decision-making processes, budget cycles and other key information necessary to close the sale and shape the success of our EMEA business.
- Build and maintain client relationships, develop strategic sales plans, and act as a thought partner in complex client negotiations
- Adeptly and intuitively understand when and how to leverage internal support (such as marketing, sales engineers and senior management) in order to close business
- Ensure a regular and productive feedback loop to provide customer insights in order to enable the continuous improvement of our products.
- Assure that a strong, trusted relationship is established during the on boarding experience to enable long-lasting customer relationships
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-2 years’ experience (prior sales and prospecting experience at a Software/Technology company highly preferred)
- Self-starter who can multitask and adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Must be able to work autonomously and collaborate in a team environment
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependants, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Generous leave
- Professional development fund
- Daily catered lunch and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at email@example.com or our Legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.