Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. We're revolutionising the way businesses and governments know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets, and brands when every second counts.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who has experience writing in a deadline-oriented atmosphere. You are passionate about news, international relations, and have high editorial and journalism standards. You will be a key lead member of our night shift team in Ireland.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience leading a team or managing projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, International relations, Political Science, Government, Economics, or Foreign Language
- Ability to work night shifts - and weekends as required.
- Excellent editing, writing, grammar, and proofreading skills
- Deep knowledge of international affairs
- Previous experience as a copyeditor/sub editor is preferred
- Self-motivation and an ability to operate under pressure while handling multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly with a keen eye for detail
- Passion for technology and a great understanding of social media (Twitter!)
- Foreign language proficiency in at least one of the following: Spanish, French, Portuguese, Arabic, Japanese, Russian would be an added bonus
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, disability and life
- Daily catered lunch and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Professional development fund
- Team social outings
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Transport Assistance
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.