Min. Experience: Entry-Mid Level
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. Our advanced AI platform delivers relevant, actionable information alerts in real time. We detect the earliest signals on real-time risks within an increasingly diverse and complex landscape of publicly available information, enabling more effective risk mitigation strategies, faster response, and better crisis management for public and commercial sector organizations across the globe.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross-team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work together and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of AI and real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You are a highly motivated individual who is excited about taking your passion for news to a growing technology start up. You are a team player and thrive in a fast paced, newsroom atmosphere where you can you utilize your fluency in Mandarin Chinese (Simplified or Traditional) to be our in house expert on the propagation of media across Asia. In this role you will have your finger on the pulse of what moves Dataminr.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Asia, news and developments
- Utilize your strong background in journalism, Asian studies and Mandarin Chinese (Simplified or Traditional) language to monitor and analyze the quality of our data feeds and signals
- Conduct both qualitative and technical research to assess new product features and provide feedback to engineering and product teams
- QA software and identify any issues to elevate to our product and engineering teams
- Liaise with Sales and Marketing teams to provide technical assessments as required
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required; concentration in journalism, Chinese studies, or a closely related field strongly preferred
- Fluency in English required
- Strong Language proficiency in Mandarin Chinese (native-level fluency preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 1-5 years’ experience covering spot news at a news organization focused on Asian news
- Ability to monitor and analyze data quickly in both Chinese and English
- Demonstrated expertise and a passion for technology, social media (specifically Twitter), and following world news and current events
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a collaborative work environment
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting
- Technical knowledge of APIs and Data Analytics is a plus
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered dinner
- A kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted gym membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.