Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You're a technology professional with experience supporting a high-tech mixed Windows and MacOS environment. You're an expert troubleshooter that can solve any problem over the phone, in person, or via email/chat. You pride yourself in always bringing a patient and cheerful attitude to provide an outstanding customer experience to your users.
As an IT Support Engineer, you'll be part of the global Dataminr IT team. You'll support our NYC headquarters and provide remote assistance to other locations as well. Occasionally, you'll travel to our Washington DC office to ensure all the technology is running smoothly in that location
You're excited to take on this broad role and learn the inner IT workings of a fast-paced, rapidly growing technology startup.
- Deploy and image workstations for new and existing employees, and continue to support these builds with upgrades and patches while monitoring for any deviations
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues, responding quickly and efficiently to questions from Dataminr employees
- Investigate common user problems and come up with solutions to prevent future issues from arising
- Work with a cloud-based support ticketing system to open new and track existing issues
- Provide local and remote support to employees at all Dataminr locations when questions and issues arise
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience in a technical support role
- Strong desktop support and troubleshooting skills
- Strong knowledge of MacOS and Windows
- Experience troubleshooting local network related issues (switches, routers, firewalls, access points, printers, and other devices)
- Ability to draft up documents for training and knowledge base
- Ability to meet deadlines and work productively
- Ability to work and think quickly in fast-paced, collaborative and team environments
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Google G Suite, Google Meet, Office 365, Slack, and Apple devices (iPad, iPhone, Apple TV) a plus
- Willing to travel to our Washington DC office as needed
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.