Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Who you are:
You're an information security leader with a background in security architecture or engineering. You have experience developing, implementing, and managing complex security programs that reduce operational risk.
You understand the importance of being flexible, creative, and resourceful in order to design an information security program that addresses the specific business challenges of an innovative, fast-growing SaaS platform. You know how to interact and communicate across the organization, using your domain knowledge and acumen to inspire confidence and trust amongst both technology and business leaders.
As Dataminr's Chief Information Security Officer, you'll own all elements of Dataminr's global information security program and be accountable for the security and protection of all information entrusted to Dataminr by its customers, partners, and employees. Ultimately, you'll be responsible for creating an organizational culture where information security is ingrained into the fabric of Dataminr's standard business operations.
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of Dataminr's security needs, priorities and opportunities in order to visualize, create, and execute on an information security program from its inception
- Design and develop an information security program roadmap to align and scale with company growth
- Lead security assessment and testing processes, including but not limited to penetration testing, vulnerability management, and secure software development at a global level
- Plan for and manage incident response plans while minimizing effect on the business
- Develop and extend security tooling and automation efforts across the organization
- Proactively identify security issues and potential threats and continuously build processes and design systems to watch for and protect against them
- Lead compliance activities including external audits, regulatory compliance projects, and overall information security reviews
- Educate the organization about these threats and implement threat protection measures at a global level
- Serve as information security expert in front of the Executive team
- Advocate for secure application and infrastructure best practices, ensuring a security presence at all stages of the software development lifecycle
- Manage relationships with external information security technology vendors and specialized information security professional services firms
- Attract, develop, and retain a highly talented team as the information security program grows
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the information security space, preferably with both large and small, high-growth companies
- Expert experience with cloud security, platforms and services, including understanding of current security offerings from leading cloud service providers (e.g. AWS), and their applicability to securing a SaaS enterprise security environment
- Experience in the evaluation and implementation of industry standard enterprise wide information security technologies and concepts, including but not limited to: Application Security, Cloud Security (AWS), Data Loss Prevention, Security Event Management, GRC Tools, Threat and Vulnerability Management and Identity and Access Management.
- Clear understanding of relevant information security governance, technical and security standards and regulations
- Familiarity with industry security standards including NIST 800-53, ISO 27001 and ISO 27018 as well as current data privacy regulations, including GDPR and regional standards.
- Deep knowledge of networking and network security
- Strong understanding and experience with Secure SDLC and DevSecOps or security automation
- Ability to work under pressure across multiple stakeholders
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to communicate across all levels of an organization
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.