Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds.” We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You are passionate about defence/security, international relations, politics and technology. You will have prior experience working in a first response capacity with the government or military. You will be an integral part of our algorithm training process, serving as an in-house resource to help define factors that are important to our Public Sector clients and provide feedback for algorithm assessment and improvement. You love being at the forefront of breaking events!
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 3+ years experience in defence
- Intimate knowledge of defence first response priorities
- Previous security clearance preferred
- Strong understanding of social media platforms and their relevance to and impact on national security
- Overseas experience with a government or military entity
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Foreign language expertise a plus
- Ability to monitor and analyse data quickly
- Experience in a real-time/breaking news environment
- Excellent editing, writing, grammar and proofreading skills
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Professional development fund
- Generous leave, including an additional volunteer day
- Daily catered lunch and snack area with refrigerated beverages
- Bi-monthly company outings
- Dataminr Yoga
- Discounted Gym Membership
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr will collect and process your personal data. All personal data will be processed in accordance with Dataminir's data privacy notice available here: https://www.dataminr.com/privacy-policy and applicable data protection laws. By providing your details and applying via our careers website, you acknowledge that you have read our data privacy notice. If you have any queries, please contact the People Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or our Legal department at email@example.com.