Type: Full Time
Experience: All Levels
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. We're revolutionizing the way businesses and governments know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets, and brands when every second counts.
We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices and have raised $392 million in funding at a $1.6 billion valuation in our most recent investment round. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world. Join us and help the world operate in real time.
Who you are:
You’re a research scientist who has published in top tier conferences and are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI and directly contributing to products while advancing the state of the art. You are very creative, can work independently, and are an excellent collaborator and communicator.
- Perform research to advance the state of the art and solve specific problems at scale in one or more of the following areas: workflow management, context-aware computing, collaboration tools, information overload, interaction design, social computing.
- Work closely with a diverse, interdisciplinary team to deliver value to customers (existing and new products).
- Contribute to the research community via publications in top tier venues, participation in program committees, etc.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- Senior candidates are expected to lead technical areas and/or people depending on interest.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology).
- Experience in one or several of the topics above with a strong focus on mixing qualitative and quantitative methods.
- Outstanding publication record (CHI, CSCW, UIST, Interact, etc.).
- Experience with social media and with working on annotation/collaboration tools.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, set up experiments and demonstrate progress through principled used of metrics.
- Strong technical presentation skills, able to clearly communicate with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Professional experience in industry (requirement varies depending on level; recent graduates must have had relevant internships).
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- generous leave and flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Note: For this role, only candidates with Ph.D.s in the areas above will be considered. If you do not meet that requirement please consider either the Data Scientist or other positions.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.