Minimum Experience: 5 years
Job Type: Full time
Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available data. Our groundbreaking AI-enabled platform cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun. We've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds."
We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
What you’ve done before:
Built and managed a team of DevOps Engineers. Led projects that upleveled an entire organization. Worked extensively with AWS or other cloud environments, including infrastructures based on containerized workloads (ECS/Kubernetes). Partnered with other teams across all levels of an organization to deliver results while juggling competing priorities. Spent time in a fast-paced, high-growth tech company.
What success looks like in your first 6 months here:
- Learn the challenges we face from a business and systems standpoint to effectively translate them into requirements and solutions.
- Earn the trust of your team and co-workers by acting as a servant-leader.
- Help your team prioritize, plan and communicate changes that multiply the impact of the rest of the engineering team across Bozeman and New York.
- Mentor and empower senior and junior engineers through regular one-on-one meetings and goal setting.
- Roll up your sleeves and be willing and able to implement projects yourself.
- Build out simple to use infrastructure and tooling that is a competitive advantage to Dataminr.
Why you should work here:
We recognize and reward hard work with:
- competitive compensation package including company equity.
- paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance.
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching.
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses.
We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed.
- opportunities to own and drive important critical projects.
- individual Learning and Development fund and professional training.
- generous leave and flexible hours.
- daily catered lunch and a fully stocked kitchen.
- And more!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.