Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You're a data-driven, B2B marketer with experience overseeing the planning, development and execution of inbound and outbound digital marketing efforts using all channels: organic social media, paid media, display, email marketing, ABM, SEO & SEM. The primary goal is to generate leads for the top of the sales funnel, then qualify them through Pardot lead scoring and behavior, to the MQL stage. You have a strong analytical bent and are adept at pulling metrics from various platforms (Google Analytics, LinkedIn, Pardot) and providing reporting for the executive team.
As our Senior Director, Digital Marketing, you'll evolve and optimize Dataminr's digital strategy to support exponential business growth. Reporting to the VP, Marketing, you will work closely across our robust marketing, sales and other internal teams to drive critical activities supporting acquisition, expansion and retention initiatives.
- Develop, plan, and execute paid digital marketing strategies and initiatives, including paid social media, search and display advertising campaigns
- Manage and optimize channels to hit demand gen targets effectively and efficiently; optimize and structure existing channels with the latest best practices and continuously test new acquisition channels and strategies
- Work with marketing, creative and product teams to test and improve campaign creative, copy, and audience targeting to ensure campaign optimization
- Analyze results of all campaigns, using learning to optimize campaign performance and set future test plan; use data to create and refine actionable audience targets and promotions
- Manage external agency partner, conduct agency reviews and select agency partners as needed
- Measure, analyze, and report campaign performance weekly; provide campaign performance briefs to marketing and sales leadership based on agreed upon KPIs
- Drive best in class data capture and management; provide regular database health checks, cleansing and augmentation
- Use Pardot marketing automation to deploy email campaigns, as well as, improve processes and productivity, and make recommendations to support an organization scaling at a rapid pace
- Manage list segmentation and scoring to deliver more targeted and relevant messaging to improve engagement and ultimately conversion of prospects
- Partner closely with the product marketing, creative, and the field marketing teams to ensure proper messaging, timing and execution of one-off and ongoing campaigns across email, web personalization and advertising
- Expand content distribution beyond owned channels such as blogs, email, and social through A/B testing and experimentation
- Conduct A/B testing of landing pages
- Manage, develop and grow a small team of digital marketers
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred
- 10+ years of digital marketing and demand generation experience for a B2B or SaaS company with a heavy focus on paid search/social/display marketing
- Solid knowledge of the complete digital marketing landscape and a history of success managing digital marketing programs that drive business results
- Proven ability to effectively manage agency partners
- Experienced with Account-Based Marketing (ABM)
- Strong analytical skills, comfortable using data to drive decision-making
- Ability to lead thinking and set strategy yet willing to go hands-on as needed
- Experience working in a start-up or early stage company
- Strong problem-solving skills, especially when dealing with ambiguity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
- Highly-motivated self-starter with a positive “get it done” attitude
- Hands-on experience working with:
- Google Analytics
- CMS platforms
- Marketing automation platforms (preferably Pardot, but may include Marketo, Eloqua, Hubspot, etc) as well as Salesforce.com
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.