Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You're a bright and self-motivated administrative professional with experience providing end-to-end support for high-profile executives. You're excited about keeping your executives organized, prioritized and on time, and you always think ahead to be ready for any scenario.
You're reliable and trustworthy and you pride yourself on following through on every detail. You're extremely organized and detail-oriented - nothing escapes you.
You are passionate about Dataminr’s mission and excited to learn the intricate inner workings of a high-growth tech startup.
- Provide administrative support to multiple executives across a wide range of duties, including but not limited to managing complex calendars, travel and expenses, scheduling internal and external meetings, ensuring executives stay on schedule, and coordinating conference rooms
- Communicate with internal leadership and external parties, including clients, investors, vendors, governments and partners
- Attend staff meetings and committee meetings, distribute notes, and work with executives on action items
- Prepare presentations for external and internal meetings, including presentations to the board of directors
- Process and track expense reports and reimbursements
- Work on ad-hoc projects
- Maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
- Work independently with minimal guidance in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience
- At least 4+ years of experience in a related role involving heavy calendaring, administration, and/or client-facing responsibilities
- Experience in a professional environment interacting directly with all levels, including senior managers and executives
- Experience working with Google productivity tools, including Docs, Spreadsheets, Gmail, and Calendar and MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Exceptional time management and problem solving skills, including ability to think quickly and be resourceful in order to make last minute changes to accommodate an ever changing schedule
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team
- Ability to maintain composure under pressure and juggle multiple and competing priorities
- Friendly, enthusiastic, professional demeanor
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Competitive compensation package including equity
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.