Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
Does the idea of being the first to know about breaking news excite you? You are highly motivated and thrive in a fast paced environment. You are passionate about tapping into new markets and stirring up interest with brand new clients. If you're a real-time news junkie, this is the opportunity for you.
You're a dynamic Sales Development Representative (SDR) who will be responsible for identifying and qualifying outbound opportunities.
As an SDR, you will be focused on targeting prospects who represent our ideal customer profile, conducting research and setting up qualified meetings for our Account Executives. You are coachable, bring a positive attitude and eager to excel in a sales career.
You're a highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to multi-task within a fast paced environment. You're passionate about contributing to the achievement of business results by tactically generating new market interest and exceeding team goals.
- Build, maintain and exceed monthly/quarterly/yearly pipeline of qualified sales leads around forecast goals and defined objectives
- Strategize with top-producing Account Executives and Sales Managers to improve performance, processes and procedures
- Initiate conversations with potential clients via phone and email outreach
- Engage executives in targeted prospect accounts
- Leverage CRM (Salesforce.com) to prospect
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 0-2 years’ experience
- Prospecting experience into Fortune 500 or 1000 companies a plus
- Self-starter who can multitask and adapt to rapidly changing situations
- Ability to establish clear value propositions via excellent communication skills in these forms: customer conversations; company and product presentations; written communications such as email and proposals
- Must be able to work autonomously and collaborate in a team environment
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM a plus
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, such as medical, dental, vision, disability and life
- Flexible spending account to be used for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- Generous leave
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gym Membership
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.