Who we are:
We are Dataminr. We deliver real-time, actionable alerts that are derived from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our clients are the first to know about high-impact events and critical breaking information, giving them the opportunity to act faster and stay one step ahead when every second counts. We are a mission-driven company committed to the power of real-time information as a force for good in the world.
Our groundbreaking AI and machine learning technology cuts through the noise in an increasingly complex landscape by detecting, classifying, and determining the significance of public information. Headquartered in NYC, Dataminr has revolutionized the way that global news, finance, public sector, corporate security and PR/communications professionals know and act on critical, relevant information to protect people, assets and brands.
Along the way, we've grown to over 450 talented employees across six global offices, attained unicorn status after our recent investment round, and been referred to as the “super tool of journalists and hedge funds." We’ve received numerous awards and accolades from our clients, including recognition from CNBC as one of the world’s 50 most disruptive private technology companies in 2016 and joining Forbes’ definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world, in 2017 and 2018.
A career at Dataminr offers the ability to make a meaningful impact at a rapidly growing tech company with a startup culture, while being supported by the experience of a company founded in 2009. We value ownership, curiosity and drive on an individual level and live these values every day. We empower everyone to have a voice at the table and regularly invest in professional development. Our culture promotes cross team interaction, work-life balance and the sharing of information and ideas because it enables us to do our best work and have fun.
Who you are:
You're a highly motivated, self-starter, and creative thinker interested in pursuing a career in Marketing at a growing technology company. In this role you will assist with a variety of projects spanning different areas of the Marketing and Brand & Communications team in order to build your knowledge and capabilities in the skills, systems, and procedures needed to enhance a company’s brand potential. You have an analytical mind, the ability to express clear thinking in writing, and a passion for creativity in each project.
- Assist the Marketing team on various projects to help assess and analyze the existing content ecosystem, develop reports and present findings as it relates to our business requirements, content strategy, and industry trends
- Work alongside the People team to define objectives and key messages to advance the overarching People and Talent brand
- Assist in the continued development of our social media efforts by creating calendars for all existing channels
- Various ad-hoc assignments to support the Marketing team
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Current student pursuing a bachelors degree in a related field (e.g., business, communications, journalism, marketing), graduation date of Spring 2020 is preferred
- Passion for various components of branding and communications
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Experience with social media, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with a desire to collaborate across teams
- Self motivated and creative thinker with the ability to work quickly and manage time effectively
Our offering of competitive benefits and perks include:
- Daily catered lunch
- A kitchen fully stocked with snacks and beverages
- Discounted Gympass Membership for the duration of the internship
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.